mandag 3. august 2009

A one-year walk with the street children

What do you do when you can’t leave something behind? Do you just leave it because people around you expect you to go back to normal life, or do you pursue it? That has been my question for some time. For a long time.

I have come do the conclusion that at least this time I will go for it. And I will go for it without any hesitation at all. I will commit myself to it. Live with it day and night. And the most important thing is that I will not do it for myself. Not at all. I will do it for them. I will do it for the children. The children that are living their lives on the streets of Santa Cruz, Bolivia.

“Blessed are you who are poor, for yours in the kingdom of God. Blessed are you who hunger now, for you shall be satisfied. Blessed are you who weep now, for you shall laugh
- Luke 6:20-21

I leave Norwegian territory and head for the streets the 26th of august. From there I will work every day with the street children in Santa Cruz. I will work as a so-called “street educator”. This means that my work is to stay in contact with the street children, help them with things they need, arrange activities and much more. Basically to be a good friend. The goal being that the children may choose to leave the street and live in a home.

The crazy thing is that I do not have the money to cover the expenses that follow such a decision. Therefore, I will rely upon people that want to help me with this part. This is where you come into the picture. You can take part in this one-year walk with the street children if you choose to support this project. If you haven’t already done so, write me an e-mail or call me, and I will be happy to send you more information on this. Your help will be deeply appreciated both by the street children and me. That I can promise.

Cel: +47 45471847, E-mail: svenn@barefootchildrenproject.com

"And if you give yourself to the hungry, and satisfy the desire of the afflicted, then your light will rise in darkness, and your gloom will become like midday. And the LORD will continually guide you, and satisfy your desire in scorched places, and give strength to your bones; and you will be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water whose waters do not fail."

- Is 58:10

Ingen kommentarer: